- New to Bible Quizzing?
New to Bible Quizzing?
Welcome to Bible Quizzing!
We know you probably have a lot of questions. Don't worry. You're not alone. We're here to help. Let's start with the basics.
1) What Should I Order?
2) How do I get involved in Bible Quizzing?
We STRONGLY RECOMMEND that you contact your “District Coordinator" and let them know you are interested in starting a team. They can assist you, or at the least give you the contact information of coaches and teams in your District (or region). A link to the contact list is found at the bottom of this page.
2.5) I Contacted My District Coordinator, Now What?
Learn all you can about the Bible Quiz Ministry. You will want to get a copy of the Bible Quiz Rules Manual. Here's a link to the the Junior and Senior Rules Manuals.
Develop a Plan - Know when the season starts, when teams start practicing, when individuals start learning, and when tournaments begin. (Keep reading to get those answers)
Get the right materials - Football players don't play football in flip-flops for a reason. You're team needs the right gear. (See Item #1 above) BQPowers spends hundreds of hours each quiz season developing products that will help your quizzers be a success. More importantly, these tools/resources/products will help your Quizzers more easily plant the seed of God's word in their hearts.
Quick Tip: Go to a tournament. If you've never been to one before, contact your District Coordinator or a local quiz team to learn when the next tournament is going to take place. Bible quizzing is truly a big family and teams are always willing to help new teams get started. Then, go watch the tournament. Watch teams in action is big eye opener. You'll have a lot more questions after that, but it's a great way to learn what questions you should be asking.
3) When Should We Start Practicing?
Most teams begin practicing in October, but it all depends on the coach and the team. Some may start earlier some may start later. Tip: If you're a new team, starting earlier might be a wise decision because you learning curve is a little steeper than that of an experienced team.
4) When Should My Quizzers Start Learning Their Material?
Once again, it depends on the quizzer and the coach, but on average, most of the quizzers we have polled begin learning their material in mid-August to Mid-September.
5) When do Tournaments Begin?
The first district tournament for each district usually begins in Mid to late January. Usually district tournament questions cover the first 20% to 30% the the material for that year.
The following bullet points provide an overview of a typical UPCI Bible Quiz Season. We'll use the 2018 Quiz Season as an example: (other organizations may operate on a different schedule):
- Late July 2017: 2018 verses of study and study materials are released.
- September-December 2017: Teams are assembled and weekly practices begin
- January-June 2018: Monthly district tournaments are hosted
- March-April 2018: Regional Extravaganzas are hosted
- July 16 – 21, 2018: UPCI Junior Bible Quizzing Nationals is held
- July 22 – 26, 2018: UPCI Senior Bible Quizzing Nationals in held
6) Where Can I Learn More About Bible Quizzing?
There are numerous resources on this site to help you learn how to start a Bible Quiz Ministry. The following list of resources will provide answers to many of your questions and give you additional information on what is involved in starting a Bible Quiz Ministry in your local church.
- What should I order?
- Helpful Video Links
- How to Start a Bible Quizzing Ministry
- Senior eligibility requirements (ages)
- Junior eligibility requirements (ages)
- Other Helpful Information
- Senior UPCI District Coordinator Contact Info
- Junior UPCI District Coordinator Contact Info
- Apostolic Bible Quizzing (WPF) Contact Info